Monday, August 17, 2009

Tired.  And trying to remember the most salient things from today.   I guess what's going on in my head right now isn't about today-- I'm thinking about who I'm/we're doing this for.  Ultimately it's for ourselves.  I think I want so much to have an authentic experience, it almost doesn't matter what it is.  Dance is the way for me in which I am completely embodied, and the mind takes on a more animalistic, guttural, instinctual, way of being.  At least that's what I'm going for, and when I'm there I can feel authentic.  The other thing is that we're all always looking for some kind of connection with someone else, or with ourselves.  Dance for me seems to be the most ready language for connecting.  

Tomorrow I want to work on movement conversations.  Today we did a little with movement sentences.  It was lovely to watch each other have an experience, and work through things with observers.  

I'm struggling with filling the role of participant and leader, and wanting to veer more towards participant.  So I guess that means I should be more of a leader. 

Also, I'm challenged by wanting to check in with everyone all the time- and the feeling of needing to make everyone happy.  I think in the end we find our own happiness, but within this process it's okay to ask for it. 

And one more thing- I can't get my camera to work with my computer.  Compatibility issues.  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment