Sunday, August 16, 2009

what does move me?

I want to know more about what moves me. I know I am moved by my community and a responsiveness and a curiosity in each other in building relationships. That is one reason I was excited to be in this process with Carleen and friends.

One thing that really moved me personally today was sensation, sensuality, and a sense of touch and tactile quality. Carleen asked us to be aware and connect to the space. Where was our spot? It was hard for me to feel a connection and comfort in the space right away as it was new to me and it seems like a such a multi-functioning space with a lot of energy that I didnt really know much about.

I found myself drawn to the fan and then especially these very sheer ghost-like drapes that were randomly hanging in the space. Why? I could only wonder. Maybe I felt the many unknown ghosts and energy that filled the space, even the feather of a bird that took on life in the space among our dancing and whirling. Maybe I felt like a ghost myself-finding my place in the space. Or maybe I wished I could be somewhat of a mysterious form shifting in the space.

It also became really satisfying for me to touch and feel the various things and props in the room..feeling what was tangible and literally feeling the room like a tangled web.
Constructing and deconstructing.

What also moves me is listening to the body. Today, after our break I didnt want to move, and if i did it was very slowly, with a sense of distance and very internal. I was drawn internally to the sensation I was feeling, the heaviness and giving in to gravity.

How do we listen? How do we choose to listen? What do we see? What is felt and shared? How do we support each other? What moves us?

I hope to continue to bridge and have an experience with some of these thoughts and sensations...

No comments:

Post a Comment